Book with confidence!
We look forward to seeing you at Balliemeanoch and we want to reassure you that we are doing everything we can, in line with the latest official public health guidance, to provide a safe and healthy environment for our guests and help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
We are registered with both Visit Scotland’s ‘We’re Good To Go’ scheme and the international ‘Safe Travels’ scheme with the World Travel & Tourism Council. These schemes certify businesses that are complying with global standardised health and hygiene protocols.
The house is physically socially isolated, surrounded by large gardens and open fields. Your group will have sole occupancy (other than the owners), you will have your own entrance and the guest bedrooms are on their own floor.
These are the additional steps we are taking to help keep you (and us) safe.
- Our cleaning standards are already very high, but we are allowing extra time between guest stays for cleaning, disinfecting and ventilation in line with official guidance.
- We use appropriate cleaning products, including EN14476 certified virucidal disinfectant which is effective against Coronavirus
- Particular attention is given to sanitising frequently touched surfaces – door handles, light and power switches, banisters, remote controls etc.
- Soft furnishings are misted with a virucidal spray.
- Hand sanitiser is provided at the entrance and in guest bedrooms.
- A supply of virucidal wipes is available in the bathroom cupboard should you wish to use them for your own peace of mind.
- We have removed most books and tourist leaflets from the bedrooms and common areas. Those that remain are either wipe-clean or single use.
- Bed linen and table linen is laundered at 60 degrees on a full wash cycle.
- We practice frequent hand washing as a matter of routine.
- As we only have one group of guests in the house at one time, the main social distancing consideration is between our guests and ourselves.
- When you check in we will welcome you outside (weather permitting) – with a smile instead of a handshake for now! We will keep at a safe distance at all times.
- We will not accompany you to your room, but will give you any information needed during the outdoor check-in.
- If you need to speak with us during your stay, please come downstairs and call out – we’ll be able to deal with any queries you have from a safe distance.
- We will keep contact during meal service to a minimum (breakfast pre-order forms are provided) and will wear a face covering when serving meals.
- We will only enter your room when it is unoccupied, other than in an emergency. Should you need anything brought to your room while you are in, we will leave it outside the door.
- If you are staying more than one night, daily housekeeping will be limited to cleaning the bathroom and refreshing the hospitality tray, and we will avoid touching any of your personal belongings.
- We will not make the beds or change towels, unless specifically requested. If you would like fresh towels please leave the dirty ones in the shower tray and we will replace them with clean.
- Crockery and cutlery on the hospitality tray is always washed in the dishwasher. We quarantine any unused sachets of tea/coffee etc at the end of a stay, so we limit the number of items we leave on the tray – additional supplies are always available on request, please just ask.
How you can help
- We ask all guests to observe social distancing protocols whenever they are in the house.
- Please use hand sanitiser whenever you enter the house, and then wash your hands or use hand sanitiser regularly throughout your stay.
- If you are staying more than one night, please leave your room sufficiently tidy that we can carry out a daily clean without needing to touch your belongings.
- Please put all rubbish in the bin and open the windows before you leave your room (for the day or on departure).
- Unfortunately we cannot welcome you to Balliemeanoch B&B if you are feeling unwell or if you or anyone at home has had any Covid-19 symptoms in the previous 10 days.
- If you develop symptoms during your stay you will need to immediately self-isolate and book a Covid test through NHS Inform. If you are able to travel home safely by private transport to self-isolate and test you should do so.
- Please notify us immediately if you develop symptoms within 14 days of your departure.
- If the owners develop symptoms we will need to temporarily shut down the b&b and follow NHS Inform guidance on self isolation and testing.
- We will engage with Scotland’s Test and Protect procedures as required. This means that we may have to share your contact details with NHS Scotland for the purposes of contact tracing, in the event that a positive Covid-19 case is linked to Balliemeanoch B&B.
We are delighted that we can welcome our lovely guests back through our doors, but during these testing times we’ll all need to play our part in keeping each other safe and well.
Please feel free to ask any questions you have about our Covid-19 protocols or to see our Covid-19 Risk Assessment.